Monday, August 29, 2016

one last summer hurrah

With the kids starting a new school year today, we decided that we needed to end the summer with an adults only trip to Seattle this past weekend with my friend H! School starting includes dance, soccer, open houses, and now gymnastics so I'll be living in my car and doing some mad meal planning. Sadly Robert was sick with a congested cough the entire weekend, but we still had a ton of fun. I booked a room at the Hotel Andra right downtown and it was an amazing experience! I scored a sweet deal online and before we even got there I had communicated with the staff and knew we were going to have top of the line treatment! They had valet only parking, and while it was an extra cost, it was nice to know that the truck was in a safe spot while we Uber’d around (intoxicated) during our time there. We explored Capitol Hill for a night, went to Unicorn where I ordered the famous 'Unicorn Jizz', stopped in at Sam's Tavern for some bar food, more booze and just wandered around. We spent some time at Pike's Place Market and acted like tourists. I got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, grabbed some cheesecake from The Confectional and then we headed to Greenlake for a lunch at Duke's chowder house! Enjoy my photo ops!

















No comments:

Post a Comment