Tuesday, April 12, 2016

renovations

It's finally happening! We are getting some major house projects done! A couple of weeks ago we got a wild hair up the ass and took out a wall between the dining and living rooms to give the place a more open concept feel and I am so happy with how much change it added. I scraped all the popcorn ceiling off and Robert mudded and sanded the walls so he can retexturize them from the outdated 70's orange peel style. I chose two beautiful paint colors and we'll get the trim soon! Last week we picked out our hardwood floors and today I'll be pinteresting like no ones business for decor ideas on the dining and living rooms. My style is somewhere between industrial farmhouse and rustic glam which I think makes things pretty easy as far as actual purchases. Except the sectional hunt. Who knew it could be so hard to pick one piece of furniture!? If money was no object and my littles were older I would splurge on a LoveSac Sactional in a heartbeat. Maybe someday... Right now I'm really leaning towards the Radley sectional line from Macy's. So many decisions!

Here is a peek at the paint colors which I finished rolling on last night! The ceiling will stay a flat white.
'Smokey Blue' by Sherwin Williams | 'Stone Eagle' by Sherwin Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment