Sunday, January 22, 2017

viva la... yep, you guessed it

A couple months ago we decided that after Christmas (literally two days after) we would get out of town to recover from the crazy busy and complicated year we've had. It's been a roller coaster for sure with co parenting stuff, court, some fairly serious medical appointments for the girls including the recent discovery of Emilia's 80% hearing loss (more on that later), Robert changing jobs, me changing job positions... I could go on and on. We just needed to get away for a bit. So.... VEGAS BABY! This time I decided it might be fun for me to bring my friend, Haley, so that I could do all my girl stuff without having to drag Robert around and it turned out to be so fun! Hopefully we can find another couple to bring one of these days but it just never seems to work out with our friends. Haley and I did a lot of shopping and went to every single mall Vegas has. We lunched at Serendipity 3 and I treated her to my favorite.. the frozen hot chocolate! We had ours blended with whipped vodka and it made for the perfect afternoon buzz. While Robert visited the Art of Shaving to use his Christmas gift from me, Haley and I hit up Lush for goodies just for the giant bathtub in our room at the Mandalay Bay and it was glorious! Someday I'm going to have a huge soaking bathtub in my house. Robert and I went to Strip Steak for dinner one night which has become our Vegas tradition every time we go. He also got me a new knife set from Sur la Table and yes, that excites me because cooking with him is one of my favorite couple activities and we bond so much with it! Being in Vegas during the winter time was okay but I definitely prefer to go when it's 100 degrees out and I can make use of the pool which is my favorite part of our resort. We are tentatively planning to go back in March for a birthday celebration and hopefully summer time as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment