Thursday, October 8, 2015

crafty

Fall is my absolute favorite season. I don't know if it's because I'm a fall baby or just because I'm a basic bitch and obsessed with all things pumpkin. If you don't know what a "basic bitch" is, do yourself a favor and look it up on YouTube. You're welcome. Fall is really the only time I use seasonal decor in my house. I'd like to say I'm the cool mom that goes all out for every holiday but it's just not the case. A couple of weeks ago I had my sister over to try out a really simple DIY craft I found on Pinterest.

Supplies:
Jute Twine
Pinecones, leaves, acorns
Clear Elmers glue
Glitter dust 
Hot glue gun
I foraged pinecones, leaves and acorns around my neighborhood. Added glitter dust in a goldenrod color to a few tips on some of the pinecones using the Elmers glue. Then tied all of my items randomly along the twine. Acorns were harder because whenever I would tighten the twine around one the top would pop off! This is where a hot glue gun comes in handy.

A very talented friend of mine does amazing chalkboard art and offered to create a piece for me and I think my fall garland goes perfectly with it! I'd had a giant framed painting that was so ugly but full of potential! I flipped the painting around, spray painted the back with chalkboard paint and painted the frame. I absolutely love the way it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment