Wednesday, November 23, 2016

crash and burn

To kick off the holidays, I totaled my car yesterday morning on my way to work. AFTER dropping the kids off at daycare, thank god.

After fifteen+ years of driving, this one was completely my fault and I am so mad at myself. I was following the guy in front of me too closely and when the person in front of him had to slam on his breaks, I attempted to do the same, only my foot barely got onto the edge of my brake pedal, slipped off, and I didn't have another moment to attempt it again, resulting in me slamming into the back of his car at around 20-25 mph. Good job Court. I had to have mine towed to an auto body shop where they estimated the damage at a 93% loss today. My insurance company will do their own estimate sometime next week and will most likely be in agreement. Everyone is in shock that I wasn't injured more than I am. My airbags should have deployed, but didn't, so I slammed my face into my sun visor which was falling down mid-collision and got myself a nice concussion. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a headache the rest of my life. I am really so disappointed in myself and this is such a crappy way to start the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment